????
What are differences between
Probe-based IPMP active - passive anddd
Link-based only active -standby

???!!!

For example in active active probe-based IPMP there are
lets say 2 different ip addresses. So if one fail will there interruption
in application that uses this ip????

Link-based failure detection works by the NIC driver monitoring the link state and notifying the network subsystem in case of a failure.

The great thing about this is it does not need a test address and the setup of IPMP is very simple. For example if I have two interfaces (qfe0 and qfe4) that I want to operate in a active-standby configuration, all that would need to be done is create the two files below in /etc.

hostname.qfe0
hostname group groupname up

hostname.qfe4
group groupname up

That's it! Now you have failover for all IP addresses, including virtual, on qfe0. Also if you have zones set up with qfe0 as a physical interface the zone's IP addresses will now also failover

:))) that example u've given above is not active - standby .. this is active active ..

Then, this is what you're looking for?
How to Configure a Standby Interface for an IPMP Group (System Administration Guide: IP Services) - Sun Microsystems
Not bad either.. My production systems use these.

10x :)) but u know question was not that ...
fisrtly that I said that is active active link based IPMP on your .. if assign "standby" on second interface as :
hostname.qfe4
group groupname standby up

it will be active standby ..

So my questions were :

what is the difference ? answer : in Link based it works with NIC driver monitoring ..

so second one : in active active probe-based IPMP there are
lets say 2 different ip addresses. So if one fail will there interruption
in application that uses this ip????

@samar

please don't write in "punk" style. it is "thanks" not "10x". punk style writing is against our rules! also one ? at the time is enough to understand a question.

The difference between active-active and active-standby is as follows:

Active-active means that data is sent/received via both test addresses. This set up is used mostly to increase bandwidth, as you basically have two NIC's acting as one. In this setup you also have 2 data addresses also, each assigned to a seperate NIC.

In active-standby setups, you only have the single data address and 2 test addresses. The test addresses are assigned to seperate NIC's and the single data address is used as the external I.P. that connections are made to. This setup is used predominently for redundancy. When IPMP detects a failure on a NIC, it reassignns the data address to the working NIC within the IPMP group (active interface) and disables the faulty interface. With this configuration, data will only ever be transferred via the active NIC.

And to answer your other question regarding link and probe based monitoring - link based is as DukeNuke2 states. IPMP monitors for NIC failure. Probe based differs in that IPMP sends out multicasts through the active connection. Depending on the IPMP config (normally around 30 seconds), the interface is marked as failed if multicast fails to return and standby NIC is promoted to active.

Hope that clears it up a little for you.