Internet access on Solaris 10 through TATA Indicom Wireless Phone

Hi,

I am trying to configure Solaris 10 for Internet Connection.

I have a PC (Celeron 1.7Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Gigabyte 8LD Motherboard).

The Wireless Telephone Specs are:
TATA Indicom Walky.
Further product details are as follows ( I did not understand most of what it says. I have

given it here in case some of the experienced users probably would decipher this :slight_smile: )

It's an Axxestel Model AXW-P800. It's a CDMA 1xRTT Fixed Wireless Phone that has the

frequency range: Tx: 824~849Mhz and Rx:869 ~ 894Mhz.
It has a Channel Bandwidth CDMA 1.25MHz.

The Internet Access Cable provided with the phone is a Parallel Cable, one end goes in the

Wireless Phone and the other in the computer. The CD provided with the cable has Windows

Only software and hence I was able to get it to work, since it merely was a matter of a few

clicks.

I referred the "Configuring high-speed dialup on Solaris 7 and Solaris 8" on

www.kempston.net/ and got to the part where I had to type

# tip /dev/cua/a

Upon typing this command, I got the Connected message, but then I could not type anything

after that. The document suggests that I should type ATZ, but the terminal would not accept

any input from the keyboard. So I tried opening a new window and tried, but the same thing

happens ( I was trying these commands in gnome terminal under JDS). Since the admintool is

not available in Solaris 10, I tried using SMC, and was able to get the parallel port

configured for dial out as suggested. After that I tried the command mentioned above and it

does not work.

I tried contacting the Phone Tech Support, but they only support Windows.

I would really be thankful if someone could guide me to a website that would show me how to

get it to work.

Regards,
Pritesh

closed: double threads