Interfaces related query

I need to list the interfaces that uses FTP instead of SFTP on my applications that are on AIX servers. How do I get that list of IP addresses that connect to my applications via FTP?

All FTP implementations have logging mechanisms that you can switch on to log activity.

Search this forum (and/or the web) for AIX specific information.

Please note that the rules of this forum state that you should search this forum before posting questions. There are many threads already on here regarding this subject.

If, after that, you still have questions then post back here.

You don't say what version of AIX you have, so things may have changed since I last managed one, but I think if you edit /etc/inetd.conf and adjust the line that starts the ftpd service, you can add the debug flags there.
The documentation for it is in man ftpd rather that the page for inetd or inetd.conf .

Sadly, I no have access to AIX, but I think it is the -d flag. You might also need to create an output file for syslogd to write to, add a record in /etc/syslog.conf to direct the output for daemon.debug to it and restart the syslogd (or perhaps kill -HUP it?)

I hope that this gets you started. Sorry I can't form the whole answer.

Does that make sense, or have I just confused you more?
Robin

1 Like