Integrating bash shell

Hi folks...

I am working on a project where I need to have online bash bash shell integrated in my web page. I am not clear of how to do it. can any one suggest?? The UI needs to be developed in c#.

You cannot execute bash 'online'.
What you can is, if you have access, run a bash script on the server, to generate the html pages in /var/www, as example.

hth

You can create a form that accepts a line of input, and have the action script execute the line and return the results.
Consider how you will audit/edit/approve/restrict the input.
See the following https://www.ftelnet.ca/

If you required a real, "live" terminal you'd need something like a java applet.

Hi Folks,

I am happy for the replies. But I am still not clear of the contents. May be my way of communication is not perfect. I would like to clear that i am dot net developer who is developing a web page. In my webpage I would like to use an online unix terminal that generally exists in websites like tutorialspoint.com where a unix online terminal opens and can save our work.

Can anyone suggest me how that online terminal could be incorporated or integrated in my webpage??

Thanks & Regards
Keerthi Koneru

---------- Post updated at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:49 PM ----------

The below link is the example that i am referring to:
--UNIX / LINUX Tutorial_terminal_online.php--

I would like to know how to create a webpage with the online terminal like this.

Look here:

Web-based SSH - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hi achnele,

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to know,will Putty serve my purpose?
If yes, how should i follow the steps for this?

If you wish to see how Tutorials for Node.js, LinQ, Swift, Drools, Content Marketing, SIP, Pay per Click, Accounting, Sqoop, ITIL, Jackson, Security Testing, Awk, JDB, Hadoop, Hive, HBase, XStream, Java8, Guava, Memcached, EasyMock, CICS, Object Oriented Analysis & Design, provide access to a Bash shell, just look at the source code for the web page. Hint - look for term.js.

1 Like

If you wish to see how tutorialspoint provide access to a Bash shell, just look at the source code for the web page url you provided us. Hint - look for term.js.

1 Like

Hi folks,

I am working on a project, where i need to develop a webpage. In the webpage when i click on the downloadable link, a standalone application has to be downloaded which should contain a some text area in frames, along with the bash simulator incorporated in it. Is the process feasible?

Are there any bash simulators available??

You want all that and standalone, too?

You may have bitten off more than you can chew.

1 Like

Hi Corona,

It is the application requirement. So I jus wanted to check whether that could be feasible or not.

Kindly help me if there could be any other idea that a bash simulator can be incorporated into a standalone application

Thanks & Regards
Keerthi