Installing Sun Cluster on ZFS root pools

Hi All!

I have been tasked with creating a clustered file system for two systems running Sol 10 u8. These systems have 3 zones each and the global zone has ZFS on the boot disk. We currently have one system sharing an NFS mount to both of these systems.

The root zfs pool status (on the global zone) looks like this:

# zpool status
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: none requested
config:

NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool         ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t0d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c1t1d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

The zonelist looks like this:

# zoneadm list
global
zone1
zone2
zone3

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place in the Install Guide but I don't see anything about installing the software on a system that already has ZFS on the root pool.

Does anyone have experience installing/configuring clusters that can guide me on installing the cluster on the root ZFS pool?

Thanks in Advance!

Let me re-phrase my question: If I have two systems that I installed Solaris 10u8 onto ZFS, can I cluster these systems?

Thanks in Advance!

I would not recommend using zfs on root when your going to cluster the machines, as it makes the setup more complicated.
When you cluster two machines, you need a slice called /globaldevices, this slice can not be a zfs filesystem and has to be ufs.

But its supported to have zfs root pool on the newest version of Sun Cluster, so you can do it.
So either you have to leave space on the disks for the /globaldevices or just use ufs + disksuite on the root disks, and zfs on the data disks.