Installing RPM built on CentOS on Mac OS X

I have a build process that runs on CentOS that builds RPMs for a java-based product. I'd like to be able to install these RPMs on my Mac OS X laptop for testing purposes. I don't need an RPM database to manage dependencies or previously installed packages. Consider this RPM to be a glorified tar file.

When I try to install I get a message like this:

$ rpm -vvv --dbpath /tmp/dbpath --nodeps --force -ivh test.rpm

D: ============== test.rpm
D: Expected size:      7910308 = lead(96)+sigs(180)+pad(4)+data(7910028)
D:   Actual size:      7910308
warning: package file test.rpm was skipped
D: found 0 source and 0 binary packages

I can run rpm -qlp to list the file contents of the RPM. I can run rpm2cpio to extract the contents of the RPM. This suggests that the RPM is in a valid format and is not corrupt.

I'm able to install RPMs that I build on OS X on my OS X laptop. I'm also able to install RPMs built on OS X on CentOS using the
rpm --ignoreos option.

rpm --showrc on OS X shows:

$ rpm --showrc

ARCHITECTURE AND OS:
build arch            : i386
compatible build archs: i386
build os              : darwin
compatible build os's : darwin
install arch          : i386
install os            : darwin
compatible archs      : i386
compatible os's       : darwin
optflags              : -O2 -g -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables

rpm --showrc on CentOS shows:

$ rpm --showrc

ARCHITECTURE AND OS:
build arch            : x86_64
compatible build archs: ia32e x86_64 noarch
build os              : Linux
compatible build os's : linux
install arch          : ia32e
install os            : Linux
compatible archs      : ia32e x86_64 em64t athlon noarch amd64 i686 i586 i486 i386 fat
compatible os's       : linux

Is there a way to determine why the package was skipped? The debug message indicates that no binary packages were found.

Disclaimer: I am not an RPM expert and what I am trying to do is not recommended. I am a build engineer and wanted to run a test install of an RPM. I found a solution that worked for me.

I ran this query to get the platform value of the rpm:

rpm -qp --queryformat "%{PLATFORM}\n" test.rpm

I then added the platform value to /etc/rpm/platform and was able to install the RPM.