Installing oracle 10g on solaris

Thanks all for your help. Now here is another problem i have, i have been trying to install oracle 10g on solaris but i keep getting this error message
"there is not enough memory on the volume you specify to copy the starter database files the oracle universal installer discover that you have 143MB instead of 1150MB please specify an alternative location". i am very new to solaris and i don't know what to do. Please also tell me how to allocate memory space in solaris

You have to find a suitable filesystem with min 1.5 GB of free space...

Its obvious that there is not enough space for the Oracle installation, pls choose a filesystem that has at least 2G of free space. use df -h and check

Can you please tell me how to install the oracle 10g on a different mount point. it keeps saying there is no sufficient space for my starter database.

What about telling us on what system you are trying to install oracle, looks to me like a workstation wih only one filesystem: /

Normally Oracle asks you where it should be installed or if you accept the default value, it will complain if /tmp is too small also

Can you remove the contents of /tmp and try then?

i deleted the content of the / tmp but it still not installing. When installing oracle on unix can you tell me the default location where the starter database are installed?

We wont be able to help if you dont give more information on your architecture and OS version...

where's your $ORACLE_HOME path?