This tutorial.

Which is a lovely tutorial, really, and was working up until this instruction:
Now download db.zip installation archive and place it somewhere and unzip it:

mkdir Install
cd Install
# download db.zip to this directory
unzip db.zip
cd db/Disk1

I didn't know how to "download" it, so I moved it from the desktop to the created Install directory. When I went on to "./runInstaller -J-d32", this came up:

Khayra-Bundakjis-iMac:Disk1 root# ./runInstaller -J-d32
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

No pre-requisite checks found in oraparam.ini, no system pre-requisite checks will be executed.
Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2010-01-15_05-17-25PM. Please wait ...
The user is root. Oracle Universal Installer cannot continue installation if the user is root.
: No such file or directory

I figured i could do the same thing from my desktop because it was set up (that's what I was doing all this time, right?)

So I click RunInstaller from the db/Disk1/ from the desktop copy, and this pops up in Terminal:
Khayra-Bundakjis-iMac:~ oracle$ /Users/oracle/Desktop/db/Disk1/runInstal... ; exit;
Starting Oracle Universal Installer...

No pre-requisite checks found in oraparam.ini, no system pre-requisite checks will be executed.
Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2010-01-15_05-20-24PM. Please wait ...logout

[Process completed]

I know newbies doing simple things is a headache, bear with me.

Thank you <3

Hi.

You don't run the ./runInstaller script as root.

If you followed the guide through to creating an oracle user, changing the kernel parameters, and then rebooting and logging on as the oracle user. You should get further. You should also run runInstaller in a terminal, not from the desktop.

Also, you should download the db.zip file as the Oracle user (or chown -R oracle:oinstall all the files if you extracted it as root, before running the installer script)

Good luck!

PS: It seems to be a good tutorial, right enough.