installing free BSD

Hello friends. I am new to Unix although i am very flexible to any programming language. i was a window user. Now, no more. I have decided myself to switch to unix.

Here is my problem:
I burned the free BSD into my new RW CD's. I inserted the bootable manager first then, it was scanning and doing its stuff but at last, it says select country and when, i try to selct the keyboard is disabled. All the keys dont work so, how can i select?

So, please any one help? i want to install this free BSD while the windows os is still there coz i dont want to mess my files there.

i want to use this free BSD to learn how the OS works and to do some stuff like unix network programming and possibly to play with TCP/IP suite

please hurry to help me. I will be helpful tooo.

see ya my unix friends. U guys are amazing to work such a big thing for free
u deserve a lot. How i wish if i were the goverment of the universe and give award to you. Any ways, see ya

Are you using a usb keyboard?

yes, i am using USB keyboard
waitting for ur reply

usb keyboards don't play well with freebsd installer. Use a ps/2 one if you can....

I think also if you enable USB in your BIOS it may allow you to use the keyboard during install - haven't tried it

I've always used a USB keyboard with FreeBSD, and it's worked fine, but I agree with bankai. My setup is just the exception. This issue has cropped up from time to time.

I'm installing on vmware :smiley: