installing flash player

I download the files from Adobe, and place them in /opt/firefox/plugins i made sure to chown and chmod them to be the same as the other 2 plugins that i have in there. when i try to open a file .html that has links to a .swf it keeps asking me to install the player did i do something wrong?

OK, first what version of Solaris is this and what platform are you running on? Is it SPARC or x86/x64? And second, what was the download source for the firefox installation?

solaris 9 sun blade 1500 sparc. And i downloaded from adobe website where it said solaris sparc download.

Sorry, you misundersood my question. I asked where Firefox was downloaded from. Without knowing the layout of what you installed it is not possble to know where the correct system-wide plugin directory is located. There are several different builds of Firefox available, from Mozilla (contributed builds), from SunFreeware and from Blastwave to mention a few, the directory structure of each is different.

sorry that i am not sure of
mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US rev 1.8.1.2 Gecko/20070227 firefox/2.0.0.2) that is all the information that i have sorry.

as a cavet i did a find for the other plugin that came by default installed on the system the DOM inspector and i searched the entire disk and only found that plugin located in /opt/firefox/plugins that is where i placed the other plugins as well. when i DL the file it was filename.tar.bz2. i used winrar to extract the files then burn to cd and place in that directory.

that did not work either.

sorry system requirements are for solaris 10

If you can find the flash player 7 plugin it should work for you.

It is hard to find that player. I have been looking all morning. It seems most people pulled it due to security issues. That i am not worried about since i am on a isolated military network