Installing a Vue.js Desktop App Using Node.js and Electron

Hi, I have both VUE CLI and Node.js installed and I want to install this task board. Although I don't expect this to go fast, I'm hoping someone can help me get the task board setup and installed on my server ?

OK. Great.

First, please let us know:

The desktop development environment you are using (MacOS, Windows, Linux, etc.) and version or OS release number.

And then, from the command line on that computer (above, which you will inform us as to the make and version), type:

$ npm -v

and also,

$ node -v

and post back the results (in code tags like I did above).

Thanks.

The results for the version number for npm is;

The results for the node version is;

You did not answer all my questions.

It is very important to answer all our questions because we are all busy people and it's not a good use of your time or my time to ask questions and not get them answered and then to need to ask them again.

PS: I'm generally confused as to why people do not reply to the questions we ask when we are trying to help them. Especially the easy ones like "what computer, OS and version" are you using?

What is so hard about answering those questions?

OBTW, I just built this app.

It's not a web app, or at least when I built it just now, the npm build process creates an executable and did not create any HTML files for the web.

Curious, I looked around the build directory and found a MacOS executable:

-rw-r--r--  1 Tim  staff  49167350 Mar 24 22:59 Topsi-0.0.0-mac.zip
-rw-r--r--@ 1 Tim  staff  51230750 Mar 24 22:58 Topsi-0.0.0.dmg

Since I am using MacOS, the build process created an executable MacOS file, which I just opened and it worked fine.

There may be some yarn or npm switch to build a web app, but I did not look any further since I don't need a desktop app like this one.

It is really straight forward and easy to build.

Now, I understand.....

This package uses vue-electron , a lib for turning vue.js apps into desktop apps. Seem to work OK !

See, for example:

https://www.electron.build/

Or just Google Vue and electron and you will see for yourself.

Anyway, this app is not a web app, it's a desktop app built with electron, vue.js, etc.

Cheers

I'm using Windows10; the OS is Windows ;).

Great.

I changed the title of this discussion to:

Installing a Vue.js Desktop App Using Node.js and Electron

... since the app MaxtheCat wanted to install (in his original post) was actually a desktop app and not a web app

Cheers.

What was the old Taskboard app, a web app ? In either case where is the data stored, I hope though the server, rather then locally ?

In the app you selected for this post, the data storage is local.

Honestly, I'm not really "on call" as your personal research assistant and have already done a lot of work you can and should do yourself.

Hence, I'm closing this thread, as you seem very keen on finding ways to get others to do your work for you.

So far, you have shown very little ability or interest in doing any of your own basic research and work. Actually, why should I be installing and testing apps for you and doing the analysis and reporting back to you? My boss, MaxTheVeryLazyCat?

Please post back to this site when you are willing to do your own research and your own work and are not simply asking others to do all or most of your very basic work for you.

Cheers and Good Luck, MaxTheVeryLazyCat :slight_smile: