Install of Subversion on AIX

To anyone that can help us

We use AIX 5.3 and when we installed Subversion (1.3.1) it took us a week to install.

We know how to do the install (a look at the Subversion website tells us how to do this). It is the libraries, compiler version etc...that is the issue. We have to port the software to a new operating system because collabnet do not supply binaries. The below link typifies some of the issues we are having.

SVNForum.org :: View topic - Trying to install Subversion 1.4.2 on AIX 5.3

The next link shows all the changes we are missing since 1.3.1.

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/CHANGES

We need to upgrade soon but wed don't want to have resource wasted for a week doing the install.

Thanks

I too have a AIX 5.3 server that I'm trying to figure out how to install subversion on. I'm not an system administrator so I apologize if some of my questions are very rudimentary. I"m trying to get this working myself and feel it will be a good learning experience.

I downloaded Subversoin 1.4.6 off the CollabNet site.
CollabNet Community Downloads

When you untar it automatically puts directories and files under /opt/subversion.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it work with our Apacche 2.0.47 as I read that this subversion comes packaged with Apache 2.2.x. if I have tarball for Apache 2.0.47 how do I compile this with subversion?

Also, once I"m done with the set it up so I can access it from a browser?

Thanks.