Install multi-media codecs

Having difficulties installing multi-media codecs. First from software mgr. Got a pop-up menu"mintinstall.py" tiked "continue" and nothing happens. Went to terminal and this was the result:

sudo apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly libxine1-ffmpeg gxine mencoder libdvdread4 totem-mozilla icedax tagtool easytag id3tool lame nautilus-script-audio-convert libmad0 mpg321 libavcodec-extra
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package libxine1-ffmpeg
E: Unable to locate package totem-mozilla

I know I've removed firefox/mozilla after installing Opera, but am in the dark about the rest of the read-out. What do I need to do?
TNX:
Rick

What OS are you using? Debian? Ubuntu? Which version?

My Ubuntu 16.04 repository does not have any of the packages you are missing. However I have plenty of gstreamer0.10-plugins packages and libxine2-ffmpeg rather than libxine1-ffmpeg. I suggest you see what is available to you using aptitude and try installing them.

Secondly I don't think this is the correct subforum for this problem. You should be using the appropriate Linux distribution subforum for your OS.

Just my 2p worth.

Andrew