Inherited server - need help

I have inherited admin duties on an old server running SCO Open Server 5. No changes have been made to this thing for a very long time. The server has started randomly disconnecting itself from the network. I have to reboot the server to get it to find the network again. It happens about once a week for the last month or so.

I'm looking for suggestions on where to look for error logs or for anything else I can look for to find the cause of the problem. I'm guessing that its a precursor to the server biting the dust, but if I can fix it, I'd like to.

I'll admit up front I got stuck with it because someone higher up decided that HP UX v10.20 and SCO Open Server 5 are the same thing. Logs certainly don't seem to be in the same place. Boy, you take a class one time.....

You may find some info on aplawrence.com Use the search utility (That site has quite a bit of info on SCO OS and issues).

some logs I know of are:

/usr/adm/:

syslog
/usr/spool/lp/logs:

lpsched
logs

Sounds like a problem I used to get with an OpenServer 5.0.4 box; After a week or so of running fine it would drop off the network it behaved as if whaever buffers/stacks it was using for tcp were full and un-flushable.

I sorted it out by cheating!

I run a script from the crontab every night which does:
/etc/tcp stop
/etc/tcp start

Not a solution, I know, but it's been fine since (About 7 years).