Information required for AIX certification

Hello friends,

I want some information on AIX certification and want to give the AIX certification exam but not getting the proper information required. Basically when I am trying to search the information about this certification getting different options like "AIX p series certification" Aix system administrator certification etc..so I am confused what should be my first step for AIX certification and which will help me out for longer run so can anyone clear my doubts in this and can provide me the first initial step towards AIX certification with all the details like
1:-certification name 2:- Test number 3:-next step after completion of first test. .

Please reply me on the priority basis.

IBM certification is not like one of those that you can go for and get certified just like that. IBM recommends that you should have at least 2 years of experience on AIX or any other Unix flavors. Certification consists advanced topics and hardware related questions which can only be gained through experience or proper hands-on training.

You can look into this:
IBM: Test 000-221: AIX 7 Administration

Post this certification, you may choose to go for Power systems Virtualization (PowerVM) certification as any AIX admin should have knowledge about PowerVM and related technologies like LPAR, WPAR, HMC, IVM, Systems Director, etc. But that's upto you.

IBM Professional Certification Program

Thanks frank for your update. But in addition to my previous update want to know that off late I am reading the book "AIX p5 and p series administration and support for AIX 5L version 5.3 Redbook" is this the correct or relevant book for my initial step towards AIX..should I go for the certification test-222 after successful completion of this book? I have no source to get the knowledge except this book ,I have to do it by myself..

Yes, IBM Certification Study Guide P5 And Pseries Administration And Support for Aix 5l Version 5.3 is the most popular RedBook on AIX and this book will surely give you exposer to AIX specific admin tasks and tools, provided that you already have UNIX knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks Mate,

I have started to study this redbook....

The AIX 5.3 book is a nice start, but the differences between AIX 5.3 and AIX 7 are fairly pronounced. You probably wouldn't pass the AIX 7 cert without a lot of study on AIX 7 and more current virtualization options. Keep in mind you can't even *purchase* AIX 5.3 anymore unless it's part of a AIX 7 WPAR.