Incorrect login NIS?

Hello,

I have an issue with a NIS client station on my network. I can't log onto with any NIS login and it prompt "Login incorrectl please try again". My others stations work correctly and log on without problem.

This station worked correctly before yesterday, but yesterday we've got a power outage. So, since this outage the station cannot log on with any NIS user.

I know my NIS server work correctly because my others stations are OK. When I log onto root on my problematic station I can ping the NIS server and I see the "/home" mounted by the NIS server, but when I try to open any directory of the NIS users, I've got "Borken link" message. This station has been rebooted 3 times and the NIS server 2 times and it does not work yet.

I took a look for the critical files like nsswitch.conf, defaultrouter, auto.master, auto_net, etc... These files are OK and has not been modified since 2 years.

I tried to connect with NIS users by telnet and it not working yet.

So, I just want to know if you have any pointers for my problems?

'ypwhich -x' shows what?

Hi,

we had another storm with a power outage this last sunday and it's really strange because this station work fine now.

So, here the result of ypwhich -x :

jericho{12}: ypwhich -x
Use "passwd" for map "passwd.byname"
Use "group" for map "group.byname"
Use "networks" for map "networks.byaddr"
Use "hosts" for map "hosts.byname"
Use "ipnodes" for map "ipnodes.byname"
Use "protocols" for map "protocols.bynumber"
Use "services" for map "services.byname"
Use "aliases" for map "mail.aliases"
Use "ethers" for map "ethers.byname"

Power surge resolved your problem ?:smiley:

Exactly, the unexpected shutdown of the both NIS server seems fix this problem after the boot when the power returns. :rolleyes:

I would highluy recommend grabbing an apc bacup ups rs series UPS to prevent data loss and condition the voltage comming in from the street.