Impact of zero link count files in proc

Greetings
I want to confirm about HUGE and old files with linkcount 0 in proc file system.
what is their impact on size of root File system?

absolutly nothing...the /proc filesystem is different from other filesystems. They are all "virtual" files representing various structures and data of the operating system - they do not actually exist on any disk space anywhere and therefore do not have any impact on disk space.

I hope this helps.

Actually there can be an impact on disk space. If you have regular files in /proc/pid/fd with link count 0, then this process has a file open, which is not visible in the file system, but consumes disk space. The disk space used will be freed once the process ends or closes the file.

Example:

# sleep 1000 <dummyfile &
# rm dummyfile
# find /proc/*/fd -type f -links 0 -size +10000 -ls
97442 12683 -r--r--r--   0 hergp    rzadmin  12935547 Sep 29 09:56 /proc/20251/fd/0

This file (named dummyfile before it was deleted) still uses 12MB on disk until the sleep command running in the background ends or is killed.

Bundle of thanks
actually i had a process which was consuming a lot of space and then it got killed by itself , i don't know how?
Is there any way i can check what was that process and how it was killed?
i have the pid of process saved and i could see that it had created many files in /proc FS
now it is killed but how :mad: