I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors:
        0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1).
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member shr4.o is not found in archive
        0509-022 Cannot load module rpm.
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1) could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module .
bash-3.2#cd /opt/freeware/lib
gcc                   libgcc_s.a            libpopt.so            librpm.so.0.0.0       pthread
libatomic.a           libiconv.a            libpopt.so.0          librpmbuild.so        rpm
libbz2.a              libiconv.la           libpopt.so.0.0.0      librpmbuild.so.0      rpmpopt
libcharset.a          libintl.a             librpm.so             librpmbuild.so.0.0.0  rpmrc
libcharset.la         libintl.la            librpm.so.0           libz.a

Any solutions?

Welcome Ohmkar,

I have a few to questions pose in response first:-

• What have you tried so far/what command are you running?
  • Is this all the output/errors you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?

Most importantly, What have you been running?

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

Problem Resolved...

I tried to install GCC in Aix7.1 while installing related rpm and dependencies...

I Got below error

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors:
        0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1).
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member shr4.o is not found in archive
        0509-022 Cannot load module rpm.
        0509-150   Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1) could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module .

I came to know that rpm got corrupted and senior suggested to install rpm.rte with compatible version.

It worked for me...

As i'm a new user not able to post links...

Thanks for letting us know.

Kind regards,
Robin

IMHO: mixing RPM packages and INSTALLP packages leads to confusing situations - such as you have now.

For a hint at some of the issues you can read a bolg of mine at IBM Systems Magazine - Why I Stay Away From Using gcc (on AIX)

However, to help you a bit further - we need to understand why this error is occuring. Likely you have replaced the libiconv.a provided by rpm.rte by something provided by an rpm (e.g., a gnu iconv rpm).

1) use ldd /usr/bin/rpm and post the output.
2) more searching: find / -name libiconv.a -ls

That will give us a bit to work with.

Happy hunting (or - hope this helps!)