Ignite

Hi

Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20?

Asking on HP ITRC forum maybe...
Thats age 10.20 has been of the market, and here you are not mentionning for which HP..
9000/8XX or 9000/7XX the OS differed and so did the Ignite-UX...
I will see tomorrow what I have left for docs and patches but I have no more HP box and little luck what I copied on an AIX I use will have something about 10.20 but who knows...

1 Like

Hi

The server is an HP9000/871/D370.

OK I am sure I have an old version as I have found my CD pack of Dec 2000 I think it would be the B5725AA_APZ on appli CD 3... Only your version is more recent... it looks like a mid 2002, Do you have other boxes you could try to hack from?
Now I have found a CD I cant recall from when (I am not in my main office, I am where I left my old HP stuff...) in my drawer in main office which says Ignite-UX for all versions but it doesnt mention 10.20 but I remember long ago having a bug on a 10.20 and Ignite was dead, so I tried a 11.00 version just above and it worked...
What issue are you having? If you have another machine even in 11.00 you can use that to backup using make_net_backup / make_net_recovery

Hi

The error message is :

make_recovery(486): Call to system failed. errno=0

Seems to be because of a failed disk :

vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query physical volume "/dev/dsk/c0t8d0":
The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to this volume group
vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query all of the physical volumes.

However we are unable to remove the disk from the volume group -

I have tried vgreduce -f vg01 but that seems to fail also as the next message is:

vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query physical volume "":
The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to this volume group
vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query all of the physical volumes.

I also ran vgscan -v afetr the vgreduce

We only have one version of 11 and that will not install as swinstall deems it not to be compatible with 10.20.

Why want to reduce vg01?
Unless you tried for something the tool wasnt really designed for, your concern is vg00..
So what happened since last backup?
Looks like you lvmtab is messed up...so what does vgdisplay -v vg00 give you ?
then ioscan -func disk
I forgot a lot as more than 8 years now since last time I touched and HP-UX but from what I remember the backup with Ignite will succeed only if your system is OK... Anything wrong with the system can make make_recovery fail...

Hi

vg01 is the group that, at one time, contained the missing disk.

This is shown by the fact that vgdisplay -v vg01 shows the error detailed above.

An ioscan for disks does not show the 'missing' disk.

Either your D class had the FWSCSI controller option giving you hot swap disks but only 2 disk internal allowed or you had standard on hot swap but could have up to 5 disks in it... Trying to find Ignite-UX to reinstall WILL NOT solve you issue as so far I see no proof Ignite isnt working but as I said above you have a system issue, I have been helping CERN to maintain the running D classes they had so I know what kind of message you get when things go wrong, you dont want to answer what you have been asked, I think its time to close the thread so others dont loose their time too