Identify Boot from SAN

Hi, I have many servers all of these are boot from SAN. Can anybody let me know that how to identify the server is Boot fron SAN and from which device?

Thanks
Rahul

Saw you post for Solaris as well.. but for contemporary Red Hat.. ones with reasonable /sys (sysfs)... you can parse through the mess and get some helpful data. But I'm assuming that things are fairly "regular".. I mean, you can always boot from strange device in the BIOS of the HBA from the host and everything else magically comes from somewhere else... in which case what you glean from the server OS isn't all that useful. But, if you know the device your're booting from is fairly uniform, that is, perhaps it's the same device that owns the root (/) filesystem or /boot even.. then you can explore /sys and likely get some data about the STORAGE device disk... and you can even get HBA data.

For example... because /sys contains SOOO much... here's a snippet to glean some interesting data about fibre transports (e.g. a fibre channel based SAN network):

find /sys/class/fc_transport -follow -maxdepth 6 \( -name model -o -name vendor -o -name rev -name state -o -name model_name -o -name size -o -name node_name \) 2>/dev/null| egrep -v 'driver|rport|power|drivers|devices' | xargs grep '.'

If you can successfully run that, you will see the "sda" "sdb", etc... block stuff and likely be able to better tie such to the actual SAN data you are looking for... but again, almost anything is possible... just saying what is typical.... it's possible that you won't be able to get what you are looking for through the OS at all and will have to get the data from the HBA somehow (it's there, just not necessarily easily viewable from the OS).