I would like to know the explaination.

Hi, I'm new to LINUX Scripting, I would like to know the full explaination of the below scripts.
thank you.

1st script
#! /bin/sh
. /opt/home/hssadmin/cindy/formatxml.env

`testrecord.scp`
`testEXGU.scp`

2nd Script
#! /bin/sh

cd $base_directory

for file in `ls -1

3rd Script
#! /bin/sh

cd $base_directory
for file in `ls -1 HssJMSoutLog.`; do
`grep "<" $file > $file.rawxml.out`
echo '<XML>' > $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<pregate .\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<pregate/,/<\/pregate>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<ARGC-ARGU .\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<ARGC-ARGU/,/<\/ARGC-ARGU>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<EXGC-EXGU .\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<EXGC-EXGU/,/<\/EXGC-EXGU>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<EXLC-EXLU .\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<EXLC-EXLU/,/<\/EXLC-EXLU>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<ARLC-ARLU .\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<ARLC-ARLU/,/<\/ARLC-ARLU>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<HVEH .\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<HVEH/,/<\/HVEH>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/^.
\(<SDEN .*\)$/\1/' -n -e '/<SDEN/,/<\/SDEN>/ p' $file.rawxml.out >> $file.ALL.tmp
echo '</XML>' >> $file.ALL.tmp
sed -e 's/pregate/record/g' -e 's/ARGC-ARGU/record/g' -e 's/EXGC-EXGU/record/g' -e 's/EXLC-EXLU/record/g' -e 's/ARLC-ARLU/record/g' -e 's/HVEH/record/g' -e 's/SDEN/record/g' $file.ALL.tmp> $file.tmp.xml
mv $file.tmp.xml $output
rm $file.rawxml.out
rm $file.ALL.tmp
mv $file $process_folder
done

With the help of this thread you should understand what is happening in script 3 - it looks like the same script...

For the other two questions the manual page for the shell that you're using will explain all.

Cheers
ZB