I need to make a script that has 4 command line arguments to function properly.

I have no idea what the following means. The teacher is too advanced for me to understand fully. We literally went from running a few commands over the last few months to starting shell scripting. I am not a programmer, I am more hardware oriented. I wish I knew what this question was asking for but it is over my head.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted!

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:

� Accepts exactly (4) command line arguments for the script to function properly
o Any more or less arguments cause a usage message to appear with an appropriate error/message statement
o Exactly (4) command line arguments cause the printout of those arguments to appear

1. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms:

No idea.

1. The attempts at a solution (include all code and scripts):

I don't know where to start.

1. Complete Name of School (University), City (State), Country, Name of Professor, and Course Number (Link to Course):

Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, Collins, Comp-10024

A first hint:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

echo $#
echo $1 $2 $3 $4

And I'm sure you've gone over branching instructions (if, case, ...), or you wouldn't be given that assignment.

case $# in
0|1|2|3)
   print "\possible fields are FOUR :\n"
   exit 1
   ;;
4)
   ;;
*)
echo  "more than 4 variables are there"
exit
   ;;
esac

echo "GOT The 4 Variables now do your stuff"

Some of that looks familiar from our Power Points. I will give the header part a go and see what else I can get from the teacher today during my lecture. We just went over the IF/Else on our last class, first time ever. I did a bit in our programming class last semester but it is only a GameMaker app we were using...