I need to edit/erase a closed post

Hello,

Yesterday I created a post asking a few questions and it was banned for being homework. I never thought I was breaking any rule, I'm really sorry, but the truth is I never thought I was not gonna have again the posibility to interact with the post in any way. Now the post includes my real name next to the question, and that can get me into trouble. Is there any problem in deleting the post? If not, can at least some of the details of the exercise been modified?

Thanks for your help

We do not erase or delete posts.

ok, may I change the details of the exercise? (names, password etc...) (or can an admin do that?) I'm asking this because, like I've told before, it may get me into trouble.

thanks

I don't see any sensitive information in that post or thread.

The userids in the post are generic and do not provide any info that would pose a risk for a security breach.

In addition, you were provided the forum rules when you registered and the rules are clear about posting homework.

If you "get in trouble" for posting homework, then perhaps you should learn some lessons:

(1) Do not post homework questions online;

(2) Read and follow rules and terms of service when you post online.

(3) Do not post things, especially on line, which are ethically wrong.

and I learned, Neo, I already asked for sorry for posting my question in a wrong place, and I thanked you since my first post for your help in this issue, but when I tell you that there is sensitive, personal info in that post that can get me into trouble is because there is (for me) even if you don't see it, I would't ask for it if that wasn't the case, believe me. That's why I'm asking you just to exchange names and passwords etc... I don't see what's the problem here with that, because the sense of the post will be the same after that changes. Please, you can make whatever changes you want to, I'm just asking you just to change personal names and passwords for any others you like.

Thanks for your time and help

User names and home directories have been changed to protect private information. If all of them really have the password "1234", they deserve what they get. (I assumed that you had already changed their passwords from whatever they really use to "1234".)