HTFS Filesystem

I'm not sure exactly where to put this, so I'll just try here. I have an old SCO Openserver 5 box that has some important data on it. I had a hardware failure on the computer and can't boot from there. I obviously can't boot the drive from a different computer.
I tried to mount the HTFS filesystem in linux. I downloaded fuse drivers for it from the sourceforge page and managed to get them installed (CentOS 3). Now I've got it installed but I don't know how to use it. I can't find any local man files nor any information on how to actually use it online. Does anybody know about this? Has anyone ever successfully mounted an HTFS partition in linux?

It would probably be easier to install SCO on another system, and add the disk as a second drive.
If you do this, use extreme caution when running 'mkdev hd' and 'divvy'.
'divvvy' will show you the existing partitions, but not their names, as these are stored on the boot drive. Enter the names of the partitions, and make sure that none of the partitions is marked as 'new'.
You will then be able to mount the partitions to any directory.

See if this info is helpful:
How can I mount a SCO file system in Linux or vice-versa?
and section 9.12 on this link:
Filesystems HOWTO: Other filesystems

"crosstor.com" is a dead end.

Yes you can.

1. If the drive is SCSI, you need a similar or the original hba.
  2. If IDE, you need to make sure that the CMOS sees the drive with the same geometry. If not, add the "biosgeom" boot string at the boot prompt. If you have it wrong, the computer will boot and show about half the hardware list page, and stop at the mounting /dev/hd0 line.
  3. The X Windows may not work, but hardly anybody uses it.
  4. The nic driver may be different, re-install it. Also even if it is the same nic, it may have different PCI slot characteristics and need to be re-installed.
  5. Use an older single core P4 machine, you will not run into the problems of not having a PS2 keyboard.

Thank you jgt, I'll try that with booting the drive with different hardware. Sadly, installing another version of it is a non-starter as I don't have any SCO disks. But I'll definitely try to boot it to new hardware.

You can download 5.0.7 from here UnXis Inc. | Support | Update | Download | Support
and install a 60 trial which should be ample time to retrieve the files.
The documentation is here DocView: Access to SCO OpenServer Documentation

Thanks again. I got it to boot, but I don't have the root password. If I don't get it, I may just install the trial and copy over everything. But I am booted!