HPUX model scirpt issue

hi,

I am using HPUX 11.31(Itanium) and HP 5100 printer.

I am using PCL5.nloo model script present in HPUX by default to print to printer.

I am finding issues in printing paper sizes and few other options.

Description of the problem:

When i give a print with option "half" and "Legal" paper, the job is getting printed in Legal paper but the paper size is scaled to A4. The output file of the model script with these options does not have a scaling command.

command executed for viewing output file:

PCL5.nloo 1 1 1 1 "half legal" /Inputfile > /outputfile.

I want to know has anybody used model script and have tried these options and working properly.

I also want to know whether a print method of HP-UX does not have a print command to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

A stupid question maybe (you may have good reasons ???...)

Why dont you use the correct model script?
Is your printer a laserjet 5100?
Then here is the modelscript:
http://www.hp.com/pond/modelscripts/net_lj5100.sh.Z

All the best

Wrong printer driver. If you don't have HPPI installed to manage your HP printers, grab the file vbe has and install that on your server.

Thanks for the reply.

I want to use default model script in HPUX for printing.

I am using PCL5.nloo model script to print to both HP and non-HP printers.

While printing I found that few options are not working as expected.
So I would like to know if anybody has used this model script and has faced same issue.

Also I would like to know is there any other solution for solving this problem.(I want to use default model scripts in HPUX, i dont want to download any other scripts).

Please help.

Well...I see the thread you have in the ITRC forums on this issue...can't believe I missed this...

...if I understand this properly, you execute the PCL5 script on the command line to change the format of a file, then you issue an lp command to print that changed format file...

Correct me if I'm wrong but what you're trying to do is print a file to legal size paper half-duplexed? It can be done using the lp command. But you have to know if the printer will support the options you want to print in...that's the reason you want to use the correct printer drivers...especially for HP printers...the man pages on the printer will tell you what options are supported and can help interpret your commands.

Here are the available options for an HP4200 <net_lj4200>:

The list of options is huge...but as you can see...the options you want would look like this:

lp -c -d<printerid> -olegal -otray<1,2,3> -oDuplex=2up <filename>

Something like that...I hope this helps you resolve the issue.