HP-UX Reinstallation / Licensing

Hello,

We have received a HP Integrity Server rx3600 (itanium architecture) that came with HP-UX on it. The installation of HP-UX is "broken" and it hangs and will not boot. The server did not come with any re installation media. I am just wondering, Legally and within ToS, can I do to restore this installation?

I understand that IA64 architecture is separate from x86 and x86_64 so only a handful of OSs will support it. I can get it to work with Debian IA64 (assumption) but would prefer to get it working with the original, shipped OS.

What are my options with no media?

Thank you,
6L71

Update: Debian will not boot with this system either with the ia64 version.

I dont understand...

Was/Is this a new box?
I in more than 16 years have never seen a HP-UX box fail during initial installation...
Media is $$$ I suppose...
In other words if you didnt order at extra cost the media, you should have let the box finish its first configuration correctly, then get from HP (free) the ignite-ux utility in order to create a complete OS boot image of the box before to start customizing or modifying whatever...
Using your make_recovery image you could then boot from tape - network and use the image to reinstall/ customize the install (change FS /swap sizes etc...)...

Turns out the server was set to go to serial immediately after EFI boot manager came up. Once we got that figured out the server works fine.

Thanks for keeping us informed...

All the best