HP-UX: LVM migration from legacy to agile addressing onto a failover server

Hi there!

I'm having problems migrating and vgimport onto a different server. Original server uses the legacy DSF naming (ctd naming like /dev/dsk/c0t1d0) and the new server where i'm migrating those luns to is using the Agile addressing (i.e persistent DSF i.e. /dev/disk/diskxxx)
Importing a VG with 11 disks. Actually some of the disks with names /dev/disk/diskxxx doesn't map to legacy DSFs due to 8 lun limit per target on HP-UX initiators.
So, only /dev/dsk/c0t1d0 , /dev/dsk/c0t1d1 , ...., /dev/dsk/c0t1d7 are available and rest of the three devices in 11 luns are missing (is there a way to create?) where i have Agile devices like /dev/disk/disk401,/dev/disk/disk402,...,/dev/disk/disk411 are available.

when i use vgimport -v vgdata01 /dev/disk/disk401 /dev/disk/disk402 /dev/disk/disk403 /dev/disk/disk404 /dev/disk/disk405 /dev/disk/disk406 /dev/disk/disk407 /dev/disk/disk408 /dev/disk/disk409 /dev/disk/disk410 /dev/disk/disk411
it won't succeed.
OS version: 11.31
Appreciate your help. Thanks.

ilango

on the source server:

vgexport -p -s -v -m <vg_name>.map <vg_name>
scp <vg_name>.map <dest_server>:

here you are creating a map of your VG that can be used to import it on another system using the same disks or a clone of them
on destination server:

vgimport -v -s -N -m <vg_name>.map <vg_name>

now you can create the same VG by importing it.
-s option scan's the disks which have the VGID identical with the one written in the map file and import them using the persistent DSFs (-N option)