HP UX - ILO Console hostname different than Machine Hostname...

Hi All,

So we added a new HP-UX 11.31 machine. Copied OS via Ignite-UX (DVD)over from this machine called machine_a. It was supposed to be named machine_c. And it is when you log in...however when I'm in the ILO console before logging in, it says:

It should say:

What gives? And how do I rename that hostname into machine_c?

man hostname

From man page above:

1 Like

And that is going to change the ILO machine name also?

---------- Post updated at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:16 PM ----------

Yeah, I ran the set_parms script, but the ILO console still has the other machine_a name...and not machine_c.

Ponderous...:wall:

---------- Post updated at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:28 PM ----------

Update:

So I found out where to change the ILO Name. Go to Online ILO and go to Administration>Directory Settings>iLO Distinguished Name...

However, when I go to login through the Console command, i.e. MP>CO>

Still displays

After which I login, and the right machine name is listed at the prompt:

This is really frustrating and annoying. The MP iLO is named correctly, its displaying the same info online. It displays the right hostname at the prompt.

But when it asks for a login from the Console, it displays the old machine name...:confused:

---------- Post updated at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:28 PM ----------

Final Update.

Wow, it seems that there was a problem with the

. It was displaying the old name under the settings for my console.

Kludgey!!!

2 Likes

Hmm interesting. Thanks for sharing the solution with the rest of us :slight_smile:

Curious though, /etc/gettydefs has only baud rate etc. settings to connect to the console. Did the file have your old hostname in there? or maybe I misunderstood.

1 Like

Yeah, it was under the settings for our terminal...8600 I think. Not at the computer now.

But it was listed there among some other settings...