HP-UX certification

Hi,

In my current organist I am using HP-UX.
I would like to get certified in UNIX but i am not sure for which certification i should go. I am thinking of either Solaris or HP-UX.

Please guide me which would be better for me?
And also let me what study materials should i use and the Fees for the certifications.

Thanks in advance.

In UNIX as what?
UNIX user / developer => specializing in scripting and being a guru of UNIX (1) commands?
or
UNIX Administration => here you enter in another world which differs a lot : Each systems having their own ways of doing things and tools... Remember UNIX is transparent for a user, he will not see anything change if he passes from an HP-UX to AIX or even a SOLARIS... This is not true when you deal with administration...

You stated that you work for an organization that uses HP-UX. I think that should answer your question. Work towards HP-UX ceritfication, because:
1) company may pay for it
2) have a system to try out things and learn
3) once you truly know one system, that knowledge is fairly transferable

As a side note, I started my unix experience with HP-UX.
Finally, seconding what was stated by 'vbe', most will be the same (scripting, user experience); differences will be in administration (performance tuning, disk configuration, network, etc...)

@joeyg

Me too (HP-UX8 hehe...) ...
I believe the first UNIX you have truly used is like mothertongue You will always be attached and use it as reference so learning SOLARIS when you have HP-UX doesnt make much sense unless you are talking of UNIX as a user...

My sidenote now:
There is only 3 HP-UX let on my site, we have mostly AIX and SOLARIS now... I can tell you adminitration tasks on AIX are obvious when you know HP-UX , not all that obvious when SOLARIS, SOLARIS compared to the two others seem to still lack of serious administration tools, good side of it is you have to learn UNIX commands (haha...) AIX if you are lazy can nearly all be managed from smit/smitty why lazy? Because if you are, there is not need for you to learn the commands being executed, If you do want to learn then it become a powerful tool to help you see how administration script are written... HP-UX in sam have things dead slow (compared to smit...) so you learn very soon to use command line for such tasks (e.g. LVM...)