How to run windows application in Ubuntu?

HI ! all

I have some model which works fine in windows 7 OS with matlab program I want to run all those from Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit OS.

is there any provision to run windows applications? wine I tried, its not working, if any other available kindly explain the usage also

Note : Dual boot
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit
Intel core I5 processor, 4GB RAM,500GB HDD

There is such a thing as Matlab for Linux. I'd try that first.

Wine generally is the provision Linux has for running Windows applications. In what way did it "not work"? Be very specific about what you did and what happened... Wine often needs tuning to fit people's exact needs -- partly because Wine has to support many different generations of Windows, partly because Windows is a moving target.

If you can't use matlab for linux, or wine, the only real alternative would be full emulation in vmware or the like.

Here my problem is I can install matlab for linux, but my model is written in fortran and matlab which works only in windows machine, so if I can able to configure wine to access matlab installed in windows, I hope I can use my model

Try GNU Octave. It's language is fairly close to MathLab and any differences are well documented.

no that particular model works only on windows, having number of

.exe files

so here I want to access matlab installed in windows

To repeat: