How to restrict Core file generation after scp (of SSH) command executed in UNIX

Hi,

I am getting core file in local machine after trasfer files to other machine by using scp (secure copy) of SSH in UNIX.
Could any one please tell me how to restrict core file generatation by using scp command.

A core file is generated when a running program exits on receiving certain signals. Most often you will find that SIGQUIT(signal 3) has been received by the process, but there are many signals that can cause core dumps.
Check this page for more info.

In your case, you need to check where the command is failing using the '-d'. This prints debug info.

Yes, if the program is dumping core, it means you have a problem you don't want to ingore.

Hi,

But I am not setting up SIGQUIT or any other signals at the time of execution of scp command. I am using private/public key authentication setup for SSH for executing scp command,but core file with size (284124) is getting generated at my local directory.

Even When I have executed in debug mode option, but I did not find any failure case, the scp command is executed successfully with exit status 0 is returned along with core file is generated.

Please advice what else setting needs to be done.

thanks

Please post a listing of the debug messages that were generated. Also, are you running this in a script? In that case it may be that some command before or after scp is generating the core file.