How to override the default paper size received by a print job

Hi,

Kindly help me with your valid suggestions to solve the below problem:

"How to override the default paper size received by a print job. Ex. The output file is generated with a default paper size of 11x17 and we need to print on 11x14 paper. When printing this file from HP Unix, is there a command to override the size and specify 11x14 in the lp command."

It would be great if some one can help me out of this problem.

Thanks in Advance,
Karthik.

As I suggest in your last post, you could specify the tray number or use -olegal option. Isn't working this way?

No Sir, The problem is we are using this 'lp' command with in another label formatting command ('ubfmt' command, which is used to convert the data file in to a barcode. We are giving the 'lp' command with in this formatting command. And, The system doesn't recognize the lp command with the
option -Otray1. It is not picking from the tray mentioned in the -O option.
We need to override this by some way.

We've gave up on this one. To print on a certain paper size. I created a printer queue on a RedHat Linux system. With set default paper size to create a queue that default paper size is 11x14. Then, redirect hp printer queue to created printer queue on RedHat Linux system. Worked all the time.

Is the printer expecting PCL or Postscript input?
The tray selection commands in PCL are not universal, so you would have to know the exact model printer, and how many trays are actually installed.
See:http://www.digitalissues.co.uk/html/software/utils/pcl_page.html