How to Link FS to 2 directories?

Hi Experts,

How do i link FS /lhome to 2 directories /u and /home .

Please advise.
Many Thanks,
RG

you can use soft links.

ln -s /lhome /u
ln -s /lhome /home

Hi,

I have managed to link /u to /lhome but not /home, have an error below

#  ls -lrt u
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     system            6 May 18 13:57 u -> /lhome

#  ln -s /lhome /home
ln: Function not implemented

As I don't think this is possible as worded, what are you trying to achieve?

Hi Methyl,

thanks for the reply. as by default, /lhome FS is created by build, and mostly users has home directory of /u and /home. Would it be possible to link both this directory to /lhome?

Thanks

Sorry, but your question imples an impossible solution.

Are /lhome , /u and /home all separately mounted local filesystems which appear as separate lines in "df" ?

What are you trying to achive?

I have in the past linked say /home/myuser to another filesystem where a user wanted more disc space and had programs which expected /home/myuser. Is this the sort of thing?

Sorry, but your question imples an impossible solution.

Are /lhome , /u and /home all separately mounted local filesystems which appear as separate lines in "df" ?

What are you trying to achive?

I have before linked say /home/myuser to another filesystem where a user wanted more disc space and had programs which expected /home/myuser. Is this the sort of thing?

After re-reading your posts. Maybe you have a filesystem called /lhome but do not have filesystems called /u and /home?
In this circumstance the "ln -s" commands in post #2 should have worked. If /home existed already (or perhaps /lhome is a file not a directory) then that is why the command failed.
Can we check with:

ls -lad /lhome
ls -lad /home
ls -lad /u
df -k       # Or whatever the command is on your system to give free space in all filesystems

Hi

your /home is currently a mount - this you cannot relink or overwrite ...

you need to do following

rm /u
umount /home
rmdir /home
ln -s /lhome home
ln -s /lhome u

That will give you exactly what you are looking for. If you cannot umount /home, stop automouter for a short while

Regards
zxmaus