How to invoke an URL

Hi,

I am trying to invoke an service using URL. I want to know how to call that url with nohup.

nohup links "__http://Administrator:assword@ServName:8080/invoke/wm.server.admin/shutdown?bounce=no&option=force&timeout=0" &

I am trying to run this command on unix command prompt, But in this case LINKS is not working. It gives an error
"nohup: links: No such file or directory"

Please let me know if there is any alternate command to run the above link.

Thanks.

Invoke is a bit vague, as HTTP will either GET or POST, usually. Fetch or submit, let us say. Google tells me links is a text browser like lynx. Apparently it is not installed or not in your $PATH. Some prefer wget for less attended operation, which can get or post. The quoted URL with leading _'s seems a bit funky.

What Operating System are you running?
What Shell are you using?
What did you type when the command previously worked, and was it on the same computer in the same account?

Thanks for the reply.
I am using Windows Xp and trying this for first time. I am not aware if this will work or not. I googled and found that this command suits my need.
I am trying this on Solaris box. Purpose of this command is to shutdown a server.

---------- Post updated at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:26 AM ----------

Yes it seems links is not set in $PATH. Can I use lynx instead of links. Or is there any other way to execute this command. Thanks.

The command posted appears to be intended to shut down Microsoft Integration Server software.
How to stop integration server through command prompt - wMUsers

What precisely are you trying to achive?
Any reason to not run the appropriate commands on the Windows box?

Hi,

I am trying to write a shell script to invoke wm.server.admin:shutdown.
This script will be scheduled to run at particular time. This is done for automated restart of IS at particular time.

But LINKS, WGET, LYNX and others are not working. so trying to figure out another way to achive this.

Thanks,

Why can't you just install lynx or wget on your Solaris box? You can download the binaries from Sunfreeware

Yes, not installed is a different question line than does not work.

If you are shy of installing, there is telnet:

(
 echo "GET target_URI HTTP/1.0\r
\r"
 while [ 1 ]
 do
   sleep 1
   echo
 done
) | telnet host_or_ip 80_or_specified_port >file_out 2>log_file

You have to remove the HTTP header, of course.