How to install Solaris 10 via NFS?

Friends,
I have systemA with Solaris 10 installed. I want to install Solaris 10 in another system, systemB, which has a CD drive, but does not have a DVD drive.
So, I mounted the dvd drive of systemA to /DVD and shared it via NFS and put the Solaris 10 installation DVD into it.
3.Now I went to system B and put the Solaris 10 bootable CD (1st CD) and followed the instructions.. But, I want to install it via the NFS method where systemA is the NFS server which provides the installation files. How to do this....please help.

Solaris 10 5/09 Installation Guide: Custom JumpStart and Advanced Installations - Sun Microsystems

hi ilikecows,

actually, in linux, (rhel5) during installation, it would ask which method of installation do you want? if I say, nfs, it would search for installation images from an NFS server. This is what I am actually expecting from Solaris.
That is, put the boot CD in client, and it shuld ask me which method of installation, if I say NFS, it should look for shared directory (which contains installation images) from the NFS server. Is this possible in Solaris...
Is jumpstart the only way to achieve this...???

As far as I know jumpstart is the only way to do it. Its worth the time and effort to learn jumpstart. It is a very powerful tool if you install Solaris a lot or are installing it on a large jumper of machines. Using jumpstart with flash archives can make an installation almost entirely automated with the exception of booting the machine from the network.

thank u.

No NFS... Use only jumpstart to install from a network

Solaris can be installed over NFS, FTP or HTTP but you first need to create a flash archive.

Hi Jlliagre,

what u mean by flash archive and how to do that by NFS,FTP,HTTP ?? Plz

Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Solaris Flash Archives (Creation and Installation) - Sun Microsystems