How to install p5i file in Solaris?

Hello,
how to install p5i file in solaris operating system

The first hit on google for "p5i file" is:

Using Package Manager - Adding and Updating Oracle Solaris 11 Software Packages

i have downloaded please tell what to command in terminal window

Please read the documentation for yourself. Everything is explained step by step!

1 Like

i have p5i
--info-install or -i file.p5i
where to write file name

---------- Post updated at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:29 PM ----------

I AM SUCK WITH IT..

---------- Post updated at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ----------

what do man?

Firstly, please do not keep posting to a thread.
Bumping up posts to make them appear at the top of the list (sorted most recent first) is not permitted and may get you sanctioned. please re-read the rules that you agreed to when your registered.

Moving on to the issue at hand,

If you read the document linked by DukeNuke2 in the first reply to your question, you will see the command to run is packagemanager You then need to read the rest of the document to decide what else you need to include to get it to do what you want as the tool can do more than one thing and needs to be told what you really want it to do and with what input.

What have you tried to do and what errors did you get? If it rejects your command, it will not do anything dangerous.

Please post the commands and output/errors in CODE tags to make it easy to read.

i have downloaded 5 p5i file but how to install?

Did you do ANY reading in the provided link? Where do you have problems understandig what is written in the link? Do you have any other problems during following the steps from the documentation? What are those problems? Any error messages?

1 Like

As previously posted: If you read the document linked by DukeNuke2 in the first reply to your question, you will see the command to run is packagemanager You then need to read the rest of the document to decide what else you need to include to get it to do what you want as the tool can do more than one thing and needs to be told what you really want it to do and with what input.

What have you tried to do and what errors did you get? If it rejects your command, it will not do anything dangerous.

Please post the commands and output/errors in CODE tags to make it easy to read.

You need to show some effort so we can understand what skills you have, where you are getting stuck and what assistance you need. We are not a free support and/or coding service, nor do we take subscription fees. We are rewarded by the knowledge we gain and the satisfaction from helping others, but that means the members need to make a genuine effort to solve the problems they have and show us their efforts with output, errors and other diagnostics so we are in the best place to steer you.

Kind regards,
Robin

1 Like

Hello,
here is scree shot when i type package manger

It displays the manual. Type man man to learn about man , type man <cmd> to learn about cmd .

I hope this helps.

bakunin

hello,
should i install all files?
it say fail
and first is admin -incorpration

That depends. It depends on what you want to do (which we do not know).

This probably means the action you tried has not completed successfully. You might want to do something that doesn't fail.

bakunin

1 Like

THEN WHAT TO DO?

---------- Post updated at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:25 PM ----------

I am trying to install mpeg 4 audio to play audio not working...

I suggest to read here and start over again AFTER reading it!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

1 Like

hello i have seen this...