How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS?

Hello to everyone,

I am new to linux and I want to move to this system after bad experiences with windows.
I have also a particular problem. An old laptop is probably able to handle just linux at this point of its life.

The cdrom is gone, the bios doesn't have usb boot support, there is no floppy or pxe network boot ability, so I was wondering what other way I can have to install linux on a barebone hd (nothing on it).

The only Idea I had was to copy some files on the hd via a ide cable adapter, connecting the laptop hd to the mobo of a desktop. I did the same in the past to install xp: I used msdos 7 to boot the machine and then launch the xp setup from withing the hd (copied before the installation files).

So my question is, can I do the same with linux? in such case, of course I will have a hd formatted with fat32 to boot in msdos, and what files should I copy on this partition to launch the installation?

If this is not the best path to follow and some guru here can advise me a better way I am looking for his helps. I look on the net but everywhere at least they require a previous operative system on it or some kind of boot support (usb, cdrom, floppy...)

Thanks again

Boot disks is how OS installation works; if your system can't boot anything, you can't install anything. Linux hasn't supported booting from DOS in nearly a decade, either. You could move the HDD to a different computer and just install linux there and hope it can redetect drivers when you move it back to your laptop.

Really, though -- what good do you think Linux will be on a deaf, dumb, and blind system?

IF you have lan then you can install from networkboot using TFTP protocol

for DEBIAN
Installing Debian GNU/Linux via the Internet

THIS also useful to you Read Install GNU/Linux without any CD, floppy, USB-key, nor any other removable media

... He already said he can't networkboot

Longshot: you could open the laptop, take out the hard drive and connect it to another system. Afterward build it back into the old one. Other option, perhaps it will boot of an external floppy drive? Try and get a second hand cdrom drive for your laptop on ebay.

i know theory but i dont know practical experience so
i am sorry if doubt comes immediately i asked and i clarified my doubt later

thank you

I'm confused. Are you volunteering this information or asking for it? Your own thread would be a better place for your own question than hijacking someone else's unrelated thread.