how to increase space in directory without reboot

hi friends, i am a new system adminstrator and i had a directory /h03 getting full at 95%, how do i give more space to bring down it to about 70% ? i cannot delete any files inside as it is all important to the applications

/dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 64G 60G 3.8G 95% /h03

any idea ?

I think it's difficult because the file system is mounted on a raw partition.

to increase it, you should add a new hard drive (or partition), then you need to create a device (with SVM for example). I think you will need to umount, create a new file system, and then dump the data on that new file system....you can use fssnap utility if you dont want down time.

Move the files to some other directories on different partition and keep symbolic links.

Till the time you work on the solution suggested above, you case check for your minfree. By default minfree is 10% of the disk space which is reserved / blocked for emergency and all .. you can check the same with the help of

# fstyp �v /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0 | grep minfree

And if you get the value around 10% may be you can think of reducing the minfree to 1% or 2% with tunefs

# tunefs �m 2 /dev/dsk/c1t3d0s0

create a meta disk with it, then attach more disks on it.

You need read the documents about disksuite, some commands such as metattach, metadetach, metastat, metainit, etc.