How to increase refresh rate

Hi,
I am using fc3, and I would like to know how to increase monitor refresh rate.

I have tried "Applications" > "Preferences" > "Screen Resolution" but I can't seem to increase greater than 85Hz.

I have tried to edit /etc/X11/xorg,conf
but not sure how to...

So here is my file.
How may I specify the refresh rate?
There is a range below for vertical refresh, 50-160, how do I know what is an acceptable range if I were to extend this?

You should read the documentation for the xorg or XFree86 distribution,
whichever is used by Fedora, and consult the manual for your monitor for
the h and v sync ranges.

I know the range is correct, it's just that i want to increase it above 85.

How do I do that?

Yes, I checked the range, 50-160, and that is correct.
My monitor is very new.

I still don't know how I can change the refresh rate from 85 to something higher.
Obviously I can do higher, but HOW.

Please I want to use my monitor without my eyes hurting.
We have very strong experts on this forum, is this question really that hard to asnwer.

How can i specify a higher refresh rate?

Please read the rules.

(2) No negative comments about others or impolite remarks. Be patient.

Anyway, try changing the xorg.conf file to a single setting, such as;

VertRefresh 100.0

To set the vertical refresh rate to 100Mhz for example.

not quite sure what evidence u see that violates forum rules...
I have no doubt in my mind that there are experts or more knowledgable people here, and that's why I asked. One would only be offended if they indeed believed that there are no experts here and took this remark to be sarcastic, which was not the nature or the wording of my response.

lets not make something out of nothing.

being impatient is not a violation of forum rules, its if u act on those impulses in such a way that violates policy, and I HAVE NOT done that.

about setting VertRefresh value to 100.0, i had tried that earlier and X would not load.
That is one of the reasons why I decided to post this question :slight_smile:

for those interested, it turned out it was the video card, so i simply replaced my win box monitor w/ my fc3 box and everything works just fine!

I believe locustfurnace may also have been implicitly pointing this rule out, which you did break, and is where the issue of impatience arrises.

(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.