How to hide ip address of the desktop?

How to hide the IP address of the desktop that I am using. Say for example each desktop will have its own IP address assigned.
I want to hide the IP address of the desktop I am using so that nobody should able to find out the desktop that I am using with IP address.

Regards,
Maddy

What do you mean by "desktop that I am using"? And, hide from what?

whenever i do something from my computer ,someone from other end is able to catch hold of me
using the ip address from my machine saying that i am accessing from this computer.

How to avoid this ?

I hope my question is clear now. Pls ask me again if it is not clear.

Regards,
Maddy

Your IP address is what allows you to communicate. No IP address, no communication.

To obscure it, you need to use a proxy of some sort. Even then, the proxy will have to know your IP address.

1 Like

Hi Corona/Rudic ,

Thanks for your responds.

My requirement is the person who is trying to capture me by using the ip address from my machine
should not get any clue from his end to identify me.

Regards,
Maddy

Proxying only works for very specific kinds of traffic. To be totally secure, you should get a dedicated satellite connection, which will tell nothing of your location.

There's web anonymizers like hidemyass, hideme.ru, ipvanish, or zen that allow you to surf etc. with an anonymous IP.

TOR ?

To be honest, all this sounds dubious to me. What you mean by

is completely unclear and i suggest you explain that before anyone should answer your request. Your session can only be "captured" if "the person" you are talking about has access to the computer you use, otherwise the best he can do is get your computers IP address, but not the content of your session.

If anyone has access to your computer you should - if it is illegitimate - install it anew and secure it. You do not need to "hide your IP address", you need responsibly set security measures.

If, on the other hand, "the person" has a legitimate access to your computer you should not "hide your IP" (and we should not help you to do so) but you should start to use the computer within the rules set forth by this person - your employer, your parent, whoever.

Instead of seeking ways to cover your misuse of equipment you might as well consider using it for something useful.

bakunin

1 Like

Can you explain what productive purpose there it to attempting to hide you ip address?

This Board is not here to help people 'hack' other computer systems, but to assist users in utilizing unix commands to get the most out of the systems.

Hi ,

let me explain why i am trying to hide ip address of my computer.The reason being i am a member of SQL forum
and whenever i create a new account in that forum they find my easily saying bcoz of my ip address they are
easily able to identify me.So that's the reason i want to hide my ip address.

There is no other reason behind it.

Regards,
Maddy

Why would you want to create a new accountin the same forum in the first place?

You are entitled to some final answers before i am going to close this thread:

You cannot "hide your IP-address" because this is the identification used to send requested network-packets back to you. This is like i want to exchange letters with someone who should not get to know my address - without giving some address to your partner he will simply not be able to answer you.

You might want to change your IP-address (but this means only: replace one address with another one, which is equally not hidden like the first one) by changing your internet provider, because this is probably where your address comes from.

There are some other methods but i won't tell you (and to prevent anybody else from doing so i am going to close this thread after my answer). It is highly dubious why you need to obfuscate your identity in the SQL-Admin forum. I do not know this forum but it is probably like ours, just with another focus. If so, there are several scenarios conceivable - and none of them is making you look good at all. Among other possible reasons:

• you may have lowered your esteem there to the point where nobody wants to converse with you. I suggest you change your attitude in this case, instead of your IP-address;

• maybe you have overstepped their rules one time too often and the moderators/admins there banned or set you to read-only for some time of forever at all. See above, change your attitude, not your IP-address;

• maybe you had some argument with the moderators/admins there and now try to circumvent their rulings. Change the way you use their forum, not your IP-address;

• maybe you want to create the illusion of having a big followership by creating lots of accounts which say something favourable about something you said there. If, what you said, would have any value at all you would already have such a followership and you wouldn't have to resort to such measures to fake it. Since you obviously don't you might as well think about what (real, not perceived) value in whatever you opined was that so few people support what you say. Metaphorically said, the typical loser, when theory clashes with reality, is not reality. And no illusion you might create is going to change that.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

1 Like