How to get Net Mgt's IP?

Is there a way to get Sun system (v210)'s IP address for the net management port? I don't have access to its serial management port.

Thank you in advance!

Run the command below as root:

/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240/sbin/scadm shownetwork

HTH

Thanks a lot, Bluesscreen. It's working.

# /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240/sbin/scadm shownetwork
IP Address: 10.1.6.70
Gateway address: 10.1.6.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Ethernet address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

telnet to 10.1.6.70 - working.

I've tried root/changeme and admin/changeme, but no luck. What is the default access ID/password for it?

Have a nice day!

---------- Post updated 02-17-11 at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous update was 02-16-11 at 05:57 PM ----------

Here is the command to set admin password:

# /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/scadm userpassword admin

Thanks again, Bluescreen.

---------- Post updated at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:18 AM ----------

A new issue raised: The command scadm works fine with Sun V systems. Now I need to do the same thing (find net management port's IP from the OS) on a Sun x4150 server running Solaris 10 (x86 version of course). There is no scadm command.

I am reading the manual and searching google now, but no luck so far. Please help!

Thanks!

the only thing would be the "ipmitool" but you need the ILOM IP anyway to use this tool. so you have to ways to get the ip.

1. reboot the system. the SP IP is shown on the BIOS screen during reboot.
  2. use a serial line to connect to the SP.

It's a production system and can't be booted just for getting the net management IP. I don't have access to its serial port. There must be a better way to get the info from OS.

Thanks!

No, nothing comes to my mind...