How to exit prompt when starting a weblogic administration server remotely?

Hi,

I am trying to start Weblogic Admin server using start-up script (./startWeblogic.sh) from a remote host using a different user. The server starts fine but prompt is stuck, it does not return

Background: We have multiple admin servers in different environment and the requirement is all has to be started/stopped from a central automation server which has a password less sudo connectivity to all Weblogic hosts.

I am using command :

ssh -l user remote-address '/spare/app/oracle/product/Middleware/user_projects/domains/example_domain/bin/./startWebLogenter code hereic.sh & > /dev/null < /dev/null'

As admin server is spawning a child shell, the parent shell is not closing and it keeps holding the prompt.

Please Advise.

Thanks,
Bhaskar

Try this:

ssh -l user remote-address "your-command 2>&1 &"

That may still leave open file descriptors and leave things open. Try nohup, that should close everything.

ssh user@host "nohup your-command & disown"

disown is only needed for bash and ksh.

1 Like

Hi Cororna,

It worked. I tweaked a little

nohup /spare/app/oracle/product/Middleware/user_projects/domains/soa_domain/bin/./startWebLogic.sh & disown" > /dev/null < /dev/null 2>&1

Thanks a lot to both of you. I really appreciate this. Have a great day.

Cheers,
Bhaskar

Putting it outside the quotes does the redirection on the local side, where it has no effect on the remote file descriptors that might otherwise hold the connection open.