How to delete email addresses

I need to delete old email addresses and can't them them out of my address I have a dell and am served by MSN?

(Email address removed... Neo)

You're gonna have to elaborate, Deede.

What version of Windows are you running?
What program are you running when you see your addresses?
Why do you need to delete your addresses?

This is Deede.......I need to delete OLD addresses as some of my buddies have new ISP and emails.

I have a Dell Windows 98 and wonder if I need to download McAfee virus scan every 12 months...Is Norton better?

In case you haven't figured out I am definitely a DUMMY.:slight_smile:

Continuation of another post - both of which should be moved to the Windows & Dos forum...

The first problem I have is I don't know where you're storing your emails. A spreadsheet? Outlook? A plain text file...?

Secondly, virus scanners have nothing to do with your list of email addresses except that perhaps your email list won't be used to perpetuate the millions of viruses that seek to use such lists (esp in outlook) to forward copies of themselves to your friends. Get McAfee or get Norton.. or something else; there's quite a few out there. But update more than once every 12 months!

I have merged the threads. And I edited the link out of ombeera's post.

Deede --- please make sure that you have read our rules. Click on the rules link at the bottom of any page.

You're not allowed to request private replies via email. Normally I would remove your email address from your post, but you don't seem to be soliciting private responses, and the email address you provided may have something to do with your question.

So far, I have not been able to decipher what your question is. Since I'm not yet sure that your question does not involve C programming, I will refrain from moving it for now.

You don't need to identify yourself in your post like "This is Deede". The software will do that for you.

And you need to use the "post reply" button when you reply.

Thanks. :slight_smile: