How to create IP table at Free BSD

Now, I had installed free bsd at my office. Unfortunitely, Email server have been using Local PoP3 and SMTP to our ISP with outlook. but my unix firewall sever ( free bsd ) didn't allow these port ( 110 & 25 ).
How can i create the IP table to pass at server. If u have any experience about obvious case, Pls kindly guide to me.

Are you sure that the firewall is the issue ? Can you telnet to certain IP on these ports ? What is the error message ? What is the firewall installed on this FreeBSD ? Which versions are both the BSD and the firewall software ?

To determine which ports are open on your machine, take a look at nmap which will probe all the open ports on your machine. Good luck.

nmap will do the job but telnet shuld be sufficient to test whether ports are open. try netstat -an | grep 110 and grep 25 to see if anything has bound to these ports at all.

On freebsd there is no iptables.
Firewalls on freebsd are either ipf or pf.

as far as I recall ipf -ihn will show you active ruleset on incoming direction (i) with hits per rule (h) and number next to each rule (n). ipf -ohn will show you similar but in output direction. You may find that strange at the first glance but in ipf last match wins. That is decision to dropp/pass a packet is done based on last match, not first match in a rulest - opposite to linux/cisco behaviour. It's just a different approach you'll have to get used to, it's not wrong at all.

Tell us what you see when doing netstat and telnet to mentioned ports, then we'll guide you through the rest. It won't be difficult.
ipf's syntax is so simple and straighforward that I falled in love since I saw it. PF is very similar (in syntax).

regards.

There is another firewall used on FreeBSD: ipfw
ipfw show
to show your ruleset. Unlike pf and ipf, for ipfw first rule match will be executed.