how to continue shell script execution process without control going to pompt?

Hi Friends,

Iam invoking another shell script to create B2k_session_id from my shell script.It is properly creating B2k_session_id and after creation control is coming out from the script and going to command prompt.The lines which are after the exectrusteduser.com sh.com are not executing..may be B2k create file have exitscript logic..how to continue my shell script execution process with out going to pompt?

#! /bin/ksh
text_file=$1
exectrusteduser.com sh.com //invoking to create b2k session id
echo " b2k session id is $B2K_SESSION_ID"
#$TBA_E/mcbx4005 $B2K_SESSION_ID $text_file N ALL
echo "please check logs for upload status"

Thanks,
Venkat Vadlamudi.

This code is unfamiliar. References .com suggest ancient Microsoft or Digital Research or Novell.
Please post what Operating System and version you are running.

Hi,

please find My OS configuration below.

rwxd253:dotis01:/home$ uname -a
AIX 1 6 00F67D1D4C00rwxd253

Iam creating a shell script file which is invoking exectrusteduser.com sh.com(This is finacle service to create b2k session id)

What, precisely, does this program do? Do you have to wait for it? There may be a reason it's not continuing, if it's still running in the foreground.

You can put an & on the end to run it in the background, but then you'll have to be sure somehow that the session is actually ready before you get too carried away, and kill it later.

This program need to create a b2k_session_id and passing that b2k_session_id for Finacle upload service as below(mcbx4005).Creating b2k_session_id will take 2 or 3 secods.

$TBA_E/mcbx4005 $B2K_SESSION_ID $text_file N ALL

"You can put an & on the end to run it in the background" can you explain me the purpose of putting & ?

It runs it in the background. The script will keep running, but won't wait for that particular program to finish before doing so.

It won't wait for it to connect, either.