How to connect ubuntu through putty from Window?

Hii, i have installed ubuntu in windows without make partitioning by using wubi.. i want to connect ubuntu linux through putty. but I am unable to do that. Please help me.. how to set ip address in putty

That's not possible. A WUBI installed Ubuntu isn't a virtual machine or something alike, but replaces Windows as the systems OS when running. By that thought, as long as Windows is running Ubuntu is not, and cannot be accessed.

1 Like

Thankss.. can I connect ubuntu if i installed ubuntu through Virtual machine.. if it is possible then please suggest me the procedure...

---------- Post updated at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:03 AM ----------

Thankss.. can I connect ubuntu if i installed ubuntu through Virtual machine.. if it is possible then please suggest me the procedure...

Yes of course it's possible then. Download and install a virtualization solution of your choosing (VirtualBox, VMware, ...), install Ubuntu in it, and finally install the OpenSSH server by running sudo ap-get install openssh-server .

1 Like