how to check if autosys or control-M is running?

Hi,

On a unix/linux server, how do I check if Autosys or Control-M (scheduler) is running? are there unique processes for these applications that I could do

ps -ef | grep ???

thanks,

Jason

Probably better to check the server's service control. How to do that depends on what it is. What is it?

Not sure what you are asking here?

We run Autosys here, but I'm sure it's not the conventional way. One daemon that might be in common is 'auto_remote'. Grep for this process and see if that is running.

If this is different, then I would first try to find out what user Autosys runs as. Then grep on that user and see if you can find a process that appears to be from Autosys.

Sorry about not being able to help you further. Hope that helps you though.

The system, what is it? HP-UX? AIX? Linux? Solaris? Other?

It's either Sun Solaris 5.10 or Linux 2.6.9:

SunOS 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M
Linux 2.6.9-67.0.4.ELlargesmp #1 SMP x86_64

Well, could you find out? The answer's probably going to be different depending...

I meant that I'll need to find out if autosys or control-M is running on BOTH of these platforms.

Fair enough. "linux 2.6.9" only tells me what kernel it uses by the way, that's no indication of what set of software is using it. What distro is it?

what is distro?

Linux is not an entire operating system complete with services and applications. Linux is a 4-megabyte kernel file which is loaded on boot, and maybe a few modules. Absolutely everything else is the distribution(redhat, fedora, SuSE, mandriva, gentoo, ...)

the Linux release is:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 6)