How to check if a filesystem is part of a cluster

Hello,

• How do I know if a filesystem is part of a cluster?

• Or do I have to check if the vg related to the fs is part of a cluster instead? if so, how do I check it?

• I would also need to check if there are vxfs type inside aix machines and if there are, how do I know if that type of filesystems are resizable online, and how?

Thank you in advance.

Hi

first find out in which VG your filesystem resides, than if you do lspv and see besides the VG name something like concurrent, than your VG is more than likely part of a (hacmp- or application) cluster. You could as well compare the PVIDs on both nodes to check if the same disk is visible on both nodes - this is what I would do for VCS clusters on AIX - or you can have a look into /etc/VRTSvcs/conf/config/main.cf - there the clusterfilesystems are defined. On hacmp you could as well simply check your resourcegroup definitions.

df -g will show you if you have vxfs filesystems (usually happens only if you have older SFRAC clusters - nobody else would be stupid enough to use VXfs on AIX) - these can be resized online as well if you have enough space in the diskgroup - vxassist -g diskgroup help space can tell you if you do, vxresize -g diskgroup volumename +10G would add for example 10 gig to the filesystem.

If you have asm clusters (which naturally have no filesystems or volumegroups) the only way to find out which disks are used for it is checking / comparing the devices in /dev - usually asm devices start with asm_ or have *voting* or *ocr* in their names.

Hope this helps somehow
kind regards
zxmaus

1 Like

I think that you are talking about aix LVM and HACMP

Filesystem on AIX 's LVM can always be extended online.
If you are using Aix's LVM fstype will be jfs or jfs2 and you can check it with the "lsfs " command

Finally to check if it is a cluster fs , you may use smit hacmp >>> C-SPOC

Regards

1 Like