How to check a particular service is running on Linux?

We are using TeamSite application. Its a content management system application.
How can I check if TeamSite service is running or not using ksh onn Linux platform ? On Windows its easy, I can do services.msc and entire list will come up. How to check it in Linux ?
I tried using 'ps -ef', it gives me a long list. I can not find the services that I am looking for. Some of the lines are too long and out of screen width. I can not see, whats there in the line because there is no scroll bar on cmd window. How can I search on ksh command window ? I am using ctrl+f and it types on cmd line.

Thanks

If it's configured as a service:

service <servicename> status

It might vary by OS, so please say which Linux distribution you are using.

Try

ps -ef | grep team

What that command does is pipe the output of ps -ef and look for the word team in all the lines returned by that command (you may want to think of it as a filter).

EDIT: Or, as Scott wisely pointed out, if you happen to know the exact name of the service TeamSite is running under, do what he says ;).

Run ps -ef|less which will enable you to scroll horizontically and vertically.
There might be a status request command, depending on your init control system, e.g. initctl status (job) or initctl list .

Pretty much depends on your system, ps beeing system-'independant'.
Of course, ps -e |grep -i teamviewer could work as well, if the service is named teamviewer...

Scott's example (servce status name.service) is for initD systems.
This one's for SysV (eg: Fedora uses that): systemctl status NAME.service