How to become Forum Advisor / Staff?

Hi,

Just curious to know how does one become a Forum Advisor or Forum Staff or Admin in unix.com?

regards,
Ahamed

I don't know what decision-making process is used so i have no doubt that a forum admin or staff or founder will provide to you a more accurate answer, so the answer below is just what i suppose:

Someone become forum advisor or forum staff or admin if the founders of this site decides so ( i guess)

I suppose :
Forum advisor are promoted by the forum staff and admin
Forum admin and/or forum staff are only promoted by the founders (i suppose)

I think there is no "carreer plan" here :wink:

My advices :

• Follow the forum rules
  • Behave fairly and nicely
  • Be active in forum life
  • Provide quality answers
  • Don't ask promotions

Maybe one day, the staff will decide - or not - to promote you.
Helping people should be a matter of convictions, not a roundabout way to satify a need for power ( we are not politicians :smiley: )

Hi Ahamed.

Forum advisors are chosen from a list of users selected and voted on by moderators and admins. Such votes are held periodically - generally when one of the aforementioned decides there hadn't been such a vote in a while and it's decided that one is overdue.

As for becoming a moderator, you can apply using <link removed> (discussion thread here), and then this will be discussed amongst the current forum staff.

HTH.

Scott.

2 Likes

Forum advisors aren't really in the same category. They're picked not volunteered, have no forum-administration powers, and aren't given responsibilities.

I don't really work here, I just post more than I ought to :wink:

Thanks Everyone for the info!...

Cheers,
Ahamed